Saturday, October 25, 2008

Election

The day is getting so close, and I can't help but be nervous.  All these ridiculous stunts and accusations flying fast and furious are getting annoying.  Yes, the RNC spent way to much money on Palin's wardrobe, Obama is visiting his ailing grandmother, and a mentally ill McCain volunteer faked a politically motivated attack.  Why is it that people care about such fluff news where there are more serious issues out there? 

I'm not saying that these news stories aren't important.  People do have a right to know what is going on in this election and what kind of people the candidates are.  These stories are providing information that the general population should know.  My problem is that these stories are taking precedence over more important issues.  Instead of learning more about the campaign's economic policies, foreign policity, plans for the future, potential cabinet members or other such important news, all I see in the daily headlines is more and more minor news.

Maybe we're just so close to the election that the general population has already heard all the talking points, so they aren't news any more.  I disagree and would love to hear more, but I guess I'm in the minority.  Regardless, I have made up my mind and I have already cast my vote thanks to the early voting laws in Florida.  After considering the issues and doing research on my own, I'm proud to say that I voted for Barack Obama and Joe Biden yesterday.  Now I just have to wait and hope.

No comments: