Monday, October 13, 2008

Stuck inside

It looks like such a beautiful day, but I'm stuck inside at a job that I really, really don't like.

As I've mentioned before, I have a new job this semester for my graduate assistantship. I'm now working in the Visual Resource Center. It really isn't that bad of a job. I'm just frustrated with it because I don't want to be working here and I wasn't given a choice. The school told me I could not longer work at the museum and I now had to work here.

The problem is there isn't much for me to do. In fact, most of my time is spent doing my work for classes. I've done some work for the VRC while there, but not much. I just feel like I'm wasting my time and I could be doing something so much more productive and useful if I was still working at the museum.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do except make the best of it. Of course, writing all that above isn't really making the best of it. In fact, I didn't intend to write all that when I started out. Oops.

Well, I'm going to make the best of it. So, here I will sit, listening to some music, doing my reading for my 16th century lit class and looking out the window. *sigh* I wish I could be outside. It really does look nice. The sun is shining and there is a breeze which keeps tossing about the branches on the trees outside my window. Just two more hours and then I leave. Maybe I'll take a long walk after I get off, just so I can be outside. I really hate being stuck inside, especially when I have such big windows that show me how nice it is outside.

No comments: