Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One year later

So, it has been almost a year since my last post....and what a year it has been. So much and so little has happened and it has been a very frustrating time for me. That's probably one of the reasons that I haven't posted anything. I haven't been very keen on reflecting on my life lately.

Just a quick update for now, with more to come later.

I finished my Master's degree and graduated in May. It was rather stressful towards the end, but everything turned out just fine. My defense went surprisingly well, though I got a last minute shock when my advisor requested that I re-write a couple sections and add some more info. He had been away on leave during most of my writing phase and he felt my thesis needed to go in a slightly different direction. So, with all that, I ended up delaying my graduation to finish my thesis.

Though I was finishing up the thesis, I started looking for work in December. No luck yet...though I've gotten close a few times. That's the main reason for my frustration. I had hoped to have a job by this point, but it seems the odds are stacked against me. Thankfully, I have landed a part-time job and that has been a big help paying the bills. I don't know how long it will last and I keep hoping that I'll find a permanent position in a museum soon.

I try to keep my hopes up, but sometimes there just isn't much to be hopeful about. Little things do keep me going, but they are coming few and far between. Wish me luck.

No comments: