Friday, October 9, 2009

Babysitting

This morning, I took care of a 6 week old baby while her mom went to a job interview. The baby is such a sweet little girl and everything went really well, but her mom was very nervous. I didn't realize until after she got back...apparently, this is the first time Mom has let someone else take care of baby. I'm the little one's first babysitter! I thought that was kinda neat.

I've been enjoying visiting with the new mom and dad, but it really has driven home the fact that I am not ready to have kids anytime soon. Not that I don't like them. I adore this little girls. She is so sweet and I can handle all the messy details of caring for her. That's why I offered to babysit.

No, the real lesson I've taken away from all this is the level of commitment required to care for a baby. These parents have rearranged their lives for her and every waking moment, it seems, they are caring for her. (Of course, she is their first, so they might be going overboard just a little.) I'm not ready to turn my life upside down like that. Yes, I'm happily married and will probably have kids....eventually. I have too much to do and see before getting tied down like that.

1 comment:

benjameenthomasan said...

If you are looking for best stores for Buy baby essentials online, look for trustworthy sites that will strive to deliver on their promise. I highly suggest you check out A and M dynamic deals. It offers you a wide range of products like soft floating swim trainer, baby care, milk bottle, bath toys, blanket, baby walker, baby bath tub, and essentials, etc, at an affordable price. These are the most trusted online store which helps you get fulfill your baby products needs.

Baby bath tub mat seat
Baby soft floating swim trainer
Double sided flip octopus plush toy