Friday, November 13, 2009

Tis the season

So the holidays are starting to creep up on us once again. And, once again, I'm kinda annoyed at how quickly the "Christmas Season" has started. The day after Halloween, my local Publix shopping plaza was already decorated. My place of work has already decorated and they started playing Christmas music this week. *sigh*

What makes it all worse is that if I say anything about how I don't like this early, early start to the season, people automatically jump to the conclusion that I don't like Christmas. I went it to work yesterday and heard the Christmas music playing. I sigh and said, to no one in particular, "Chirstmas music already? Geez..." A co-worker overheard me, turned and replied in an offended tone, "What's wrong with it? Don't you like Christmas?" Before I could explain, he huffed and walked away.

I don't hate Christmas. In fact, I love it. But Christmas is special because it is brief and rare. I feel like having Christmas last for two months just dilutes it. Why make the time to celebrate the season when it is going to be going on for so long? Maybe that's just me...

No comments: