Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful New Year's and I wish you all lots of laughter and love, joy and peace in 2008.

I realize its already January 4th, so I'm a little late with my New Year's wishes, but better late than never, right? I went back to work New Year's day. (The only member of my department to do so!) I then had the 2nd and the 3rd off, which was really nice. Bo had those two days off as well, so we got to have a 'weekend' together, even though it was on a Wednesday and a Thursday. We've also been spending time with Faith, Russell and Kipp over the past few days. We all went out to see Sweeny Todd (review coming soon) the night of the 1st, then Kipp left the next day. Wednesday, Bo played a show at a local restaurant called Satchel's. It was really, really short notice, so unfortunately we couldn't get a lot of people together to come, but the few that came had a good time. It was freezing cold and the venue was in an open shed area, so we all sat around in our coat and scarves shivering to the music. Bo played really well, but he struggled with the lack of preparation, audience support and cold weather. Could have been better, but it also could have been a lot worse! Yesterday we spend the afternoon and evening with Faith and Russell, which was really nice. They really are great friends and its hard not seeing them because they live all the way up in Wisconsin. However, when we do get to spend time together, its like we were never apart.

I'm back at work today and I'll be busy at work tomorrow as well. Tomorrow is the museum's Collector's Day and we are expecting lots of visitors. Collector's Day is very popular. The whole day is dedicated to amateur collectors and their collections. We give them space to display everything and then let them take it away! I haven't been before, but apparently we have a wide variety of personal collections on display, everything from classic cars to Barbie Dolls to sticks collected by a seeing-eye dog. I have to come to work early to help set-up, but I don't mind. Besides, I can spend my lunch break wandering the museum and checking out all the stuff! I'll probably be exhausted at the end of the day, but it'll be worth it! Maybe I'll snap some pictures of the more outlandish collections and share them with you.


No comments: