Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy Christmas

So, Christmas has come and gone. I think it went pretty well. I felt a little nervous because I hosted my family for the holiday, but things worked out well. Both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners were very tasty and I even threw in a few new recipes and got compliments on all of them! I enjoyed the holiday because we kept it casual. Dinners were served buffet-style and when we weren't eating or opening presents, we sat around and chatted, watched movies or played games. The day after Christmas we all piled in the car (Mom, Dad, Jaime, Bo and I) and heading south to Orlando. We spent the day at Universal Studios and had a good time. The park had Christmas decorations still up and Christmas carols still playing, so it was a nice way to extend the holiday. I especially liked it because I didn't get much of a chance to get into the Christmas spirit before the holiday.

Bo and I got some great presents, both useful and fun. Of course, my dad gave us the traditional useful gifts, but we also got some good giftcards and fun games. Some nice stuff too. I got some scrapbooking supplies and I'm looking forward to using them to create my own wedding album. (The professional pictures I ordered arrived on Thursday.) To make things even better, my parents gave us a new printer that I can use to print my own photos, so I'm all set up to start seriously scrapbooking.

Now, its almost New Year's. I can't believe how quickly the time has past. I guess having a job and working will do that. I'm looking forward to celebrating the New Year with Faith, Russell and Kipp who are all back in town. Plus, I've been invited to my first, somewhat ritzy, New Year's Eve party. That will be fun!

So, to all my loving readers..... Hope you've had a Happy Holiday and wishing you a fantastic New Year!

No comments: